Pages

Search This Blog

Oct 10, 2013

1st Annual (may or may not be annually) Mixtape Project

So I came up with an idea to make a mixtape with a specific theme and swap them with a few friends. Each person will have their own theme [chosen at random] and each song on their playlist must relate to their theme. So if their theme was colors, then each song must have a color in the title. Such as: "Blue Moon", "Yellow Submarine", etc. We have to include at least 10 songs and we have to decorate a CD cover. Once we're finished we'll swap our playlist with another person [also chosen at random]. It's a fun and creative way to share and discover music. 
There's only a few rules:
1. Playlist & CD cover must be finished by deadline [TBA]
2. Must have at least 10 songs and they must relate to your theme
3. No bashing playlists or covers

I think it's a fun idea and I hope my friends think so too. For this first one I only included 2 other people. If things run smoothly and we want to do this project again, then we'll add more people. I'm pretty excited for this I love making playlists and discovering new music. My friends and I have slightly different tastes in music so it should be pretty interesting. 

I sent them an "invitation" for the project. I would post it, but for some reason my computer won't let me. I also sent them their themes with a brief description.

The themes were:
1. Names: Songs that included boy or girl names such as: "Billie Jean", "Hey Jude", etc.
2. Colors: [mentioned above]
3. "Love": Songs with the word love in the title or any form of the word such as: "Love Me Tender", "All My Loving", etc.

Let's hope this goes well! I'll post more as the project gets going.

No comments:

Post a Comment