Pages

Search This Blog

Jun 17, 2013

Summer Reading Marathon

Every year for as long as I can remember, my mom & I have an annual summer reading marathon. The winner usually gets ice cream from Baskin Robbins, paid by the loser. We haven't done that the past couple years, mostly because I started lagging on the contest. I actually had a life the past couple summers. Well now that I don't have much of one this summer, I am back in the game and I am determined to win this year! So far  my mom is beating me, she's already finished a book. We went to the library on Saturday and I got the following books.


1. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
I read this book my sophomore year of HS and I loved it. Since then I've only read it once, and I know reading it a third time will be just as good.
2. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
I also read this in HS but my junior year. I've seen the movie, but I never read the book. I loved the movie so I knew I was going to love the book; I was right. I haven't read it since then and I can't remember most of it, but I know I'll love it just as much as when I read it the first time.
3. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
Okay so first of all I love Abraham Lincoln! Secondly, I've seen the movie and I loved it, so I'm really excited about reading the book. I've read another book by Grahame-Smith, Unholy Night, the story of the Three Wise Men who were really thieves on the run. It was good and I highly recommend it.
4. Bossypants by Tina Fey
Who wouldn't want to read about Tina Fey's life? I love Tina Fey; she's hilarious! I'm actually really excited about reading this one!

1 comment: