Pages

Search This Blog

Jun 18, 2013

The Catcher in the Rye



Book #1: The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

So this is the first book I'm reading for the annual summer reading marathon. This will be my third time reading this book and I got to say that I love this book more the third time. When I read it in HS, I didn't really get it at first until I looked up the symbols and then I fell in love with the book. The second time I read it, I understood it a lot better and loved it even more. Now reading it for the third time, I completely understand where Holden is coming from. There were little things I didn't pick up on the first two times I read it. Even though I haven't experienced most of the things Holden has, I feel like I really relate to him and his way of thinking. It's funny how I related more to this book now then I ever did before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment