Pages

Search This Blog

Dec 25, 2013

Top 10 Christmas Songs

Merry Christmas!!! Happy Holidays!!! Since last year I posted my top 10 favorite Christmas movies, I decided this year to post my top 10 Christmas songs. There are tons of great songs, but these ten really take the cake.

10. The Christmas Song-Nat King Cole

This is one of those classic Christmas songs that you have to play every year. Christmas just wouldn't be the same without it.



9. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause-The Jackson 5

I've heard multiple versions of this song, but nothing compares to The Jackson 5 version.


8. The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)-Alvin & The Chipmunks

With their squeaky voices and  Dave yelling for Alvin, this Christmas song is unforgettable. Will someone please give Theodore a hula hoop already?


7. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year-Andy Williams

This is another classic Christmas song that must be played every year. Of course whenever I hear this song, I think I'm about to get fabulous gifts from Ellen DeGeneres.


6. What Christmas Means to Me-Stevie Wonder

First of all, I love Stevie Wonder so of course one of his Christmas songs would be on here. I like every Christmas song I've heard from him, but this one is my favorite.


5. Baby, It's Cold Outside-Zooey Deschanel & Leon Redbone

I first heard this from the movie Elf and I loved it! This is my favorite version of this song mostly because I love Zooey Deschanel's voice.


4. Sleigh Ride-Ella Fitzgerald

This song always reminds me of my brother Derek. He likes to sing [and sometimes whistle] this song every year.


The band fun. also has a cool version of this song as well.



3. Santa Claus is Coming to Town-The Jackson 5

Another Jackson 5 Christmas song, but can you really blame me? Their songs are catchy anyways, so their Christmas songs are no different.




2. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree-Brenda Lee

Okay does anyone else think of Home Alone when they hear this song, or is it just me? This song is super catchy and fun, which is why I love it so much.


Before I show my number one Christmas song, here are some honorable mentions:
Run Rudolph Run-Chuck Berry
All I Want For Christmas is You-Mariah Carey
Blue Christmas-Elvis Presley

1. Jingle Bell Rock-Bobby Helms

This has been my favorite Xmas song for as long as I can remember. I love how fun and catchy it is!



Okay, I thought I'd throw some other Christmas songs:


1 comment:

  1. Carly, I love your Top 10 lists and this one is great! Happy Holidays to you too. Love ya

    ReplyDelete