Pages

Search This Blog

Jun 26, 2013

Furry & Fabulous: Gracie's 3rd Birthday

Today is my dog Gracie's birthday! She is 3 years old! It feels like yesterday when I first got her for my 17th birthday. My brother Kevin's girlfriend at the time gave me Gracie. During my party there was a knock on the door, but when I went to answer it there was no one there except for a bag. In the bag was a puppy and the tag said it was from Elvis [I had an Elvis Presley themed party that year]. At first I knew my dad was going to say that I couldn't keep her, which he did at first. My mom had to convince him to let me keep her. It took a few days to figure out what to name her. At first Kevin and I chose Lucy, but Dad's grandma's name was Lucy so that was a no. Then while we were watching a Giants game, Derek suggested Posey [after Buster Posey], but she didn't look like a Posey to me. My mom thought a name that associated with Elvis would be a cool idea and I agreed, but I couldn't think of what. I thought Presley, but that seemed more like a boy's name. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure my mom came up with Graceland. We decided to call her Gracie for short. As for her middle name, Lou, it came from the movie Miss Congeniality. You know Gracie Lou Freebush? Anyways that's how she got her name: Graceland "Gracie" Lou Durham.

I covered her dog treats in red candy melt. I made her some this past Christmas and she loved them.

I made her a crown this morning. She absolutely hated it! She doesn't like wearing things. She also tried to eat it when I first put it on her.

Just some random pictures of her. The bottom two photos she's wearing this fairy princess dress that one of my stuffed animals was wearing. I couldn't get a better picture with it on her.

She's licking the candy melt off her face.

Me and the birthday girl!

Gracie wearing her crown. I had to hold up some bread so she would stay still for a picture.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun party for your puppy! I love the crown, and the treats you made her. She is so loved:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Sorry it took so long to read it. Happy belated birthday to Gracie!

    ReplyDelete